In-person browsing just isn’t possible. Please use our online ruler catalog to find the ruler you’re interested in and reserve it by emailing the number and name of the ruler to the Librarian, Rosie Graham, firstname.lastname@example.org. The librarian then will bring it to the next guild meeting or arrange for pickup.
The catalog will be updated monthly to show new acquisitions as well as changes in availability.
The guild is grateful to the family of Dottie Macomber, a long-time, very active member of the guild, for donating her rulers to begin the ruler library in December 2022.
- Only current Guild members may reserve and check-out items.
- Members may check out a maximum of 3 rulers at a time.
- Rulers are checked out for a 3 month period.
- A ruler may be renewed (by email) for 1 additional month provided if is not on hold for another member.
- The librarian will e-mail reminders one week before the due date.
- Any ruler not returned or returned damaged (including missing pullout patterns or instructions) within 3 months from check-out must be replaced in “New” condition by the member or reimbursed at the current cost to replace the item.
- A fine of $1 per month per item shall be assessed for each month item is not returned on time.
To give some inspiration for borrowing rulers, this page will provide some showcase a few of the rulers in our library.
Number 62, the Double Wedding Ring templates, come with instructions by Quilting in the Heartland. If you have always wanted to make a double wedding ring quilt, these templates are available to borrow. Sharlene Jorgenson from Quilting in the Heartland has several YouTube videos on using these templates and making the quilt including how to bind it.
Number 4 is the Creative Grids curvy Log Cabin Trim Tool 6”. Creative Grids has an excellent video on how to use this ruler.
The guild library has two Stretched Periwinkle templates by Missouri Star. One of the templates comes with the pattern for a 68″ x 68″ quilt made from 10″ squares. The templates are numbers 8 (with pattern) and 75 (without pattern. Jenny Doan from Missouri Star has an YouTube video on how to use this template and make the quilt.